Environment Agency should act on Hunts smell
I AGREE with other readers about the absolutely disgusting smell in the air around Great Stukeley.
I AGREE with other readers about the absolutely disgusting smell in the air around Great Stukeley. For the last five months the smell has been so bad that, even on a summer’s day/evening, we have had to shut our windows to keep out the stench.
As I drive daily along the A14 towards Kettering from Huntingdon, as I pass the PurePower refining plant near Brampton, the same stench that I have to suffer at home daily can be smelled, and is so strong on many occasions I have even had to shut the car window.
The foul rotting/fusty smell even makes me feel sick. Something clearly needs to be done about this polluting of the air we breathe and the way it effects our use of the garden. Some days it is so strong you can’t even sit in the garden.
I am absolutely disgusted and annoyed that the Environment Agency has not done anything about this and am at the moment preparing a letter to my local MP about this issue.
You may also want to watch:
If that fails to get a response, I will be forming a web site about this issue and making contact with many other local people who also feel very strongly about it.
The foul, polluting and total disregard of the local environment by this company will be stopped.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
It is a very clean and lovely local area in which we used to live, so why should we allow companies to do whatever they like? I presume this facility is licensed by the local council: just what is it doing about this?