Environment Agency should act on Hunts smell
I AGREE with other readers about the absolutely disgusting smell in the air around Great Stukeley.
I AGREE with other readers about the absolutely disgusting smell in the air around Great Stukeley. For the last five months the smell has been so bad that, even on a summer’s day/evening, we have had to shut our windows to keep out the stench.
As I drive daily along the A14 towards Kettering from Huntingdon, as I pass the PurePower refining plant near Brampton, the same stench that I have to suffer at home daily can be smelled, and is so strong on many occasions I have even had to shut the car window.
The foul rotting/fusty smell even makes me feel sick. Something clearly needs to be done about this polluting of the air we breathe and the way it effects our use of the garden. Some days it is so strong you can’t even sit in the garden.
I am absolutely disgusted and annoyed that the Environment Agency has not done anything about this and am at the moment preparing a letter to my local MP about this issue.
You may also want to watch:
If that fails to get a response, I will be forming a web site about this issue and making contact with many other local people who also feel very strongly about it.
The foul, polluting and total disregard of the local environment by this company will be stopped.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
It is a very clean and lovely local area in which we used to live, so why should we allow companies to do whatever they like? I presume this facility is licensed by the local council: just what is it doing about this?