Enter the Almost Famous competition
WRITE a song for Almost Famous and you could win rehearsal time at the Studio Rooms in Wyton and recording time at Fast-Track studios in Wilburton to create a CD. Your song will be on a special promotional CD of the bands who make the shortlist. There wil
WRITE a song for Almost Famous and you could win rehearsal time at the Studio Rooms in Wyton and recording time at Fast-Track studios in Wilburton to create a CD. Your song will be on a special promotional CD of the bands who make the shortlist.
There will be promotion for you in Almost Famous and on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire where the winner will be interviewed by Jeremy Sallis who presents The Audio Files on Thursday evenings from 6pm.
All entries will be made available to download on The Hunts Post website to help get your music heard by as many people as possible. The songs will stay on the site from when they reach us to when we announce the winner in the summer.
The competition is open to all Huntingdonshire songwriters. All band entries must have at least one member living in Huntingdonshire to qualify. The judges will be the Almost Famous team.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, email an MP3 of your song to: email@example.com along with the following information:
* Name of song
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 5 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 6 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 7 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 8 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
* Full names of songwriters
* Name of band or artist performing
* Website address
* Telephone contact details
* Upcoming gig details
* Background information on the performers and writer, including where they live
* Photograph in sharp focus
* We also need your permission to play the song on our website.