Enter the Almost Famous competition
WRITE a song for Almost Famous and you could win rehearsal time at the Studio Rooms in Wyton and recording time at Fast-Track studios in Wilburton to create a CD. Your song will be on a special promotional CD of the bands who make the shortlist. There wil
WRITE a song for Almost Famous and you could win rehearsal time at the Studio Rooms in Wyton and recording time at Fast-Track studios in Wilburton to create a CD. Your song will be on a special promotional CD of the bands who make the shortlist.
There will be promotion for you in Almost Famous and on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire where the winner will be interviewed by Jeremy Sallis who presents The Audio Files on Thursday evenings from 6pm.
All entries will be made available to download on The Hunts Post website to help get your music heard by as many people as possible. The songs will stay on the site from when they reach us to when we announce the winner in the summer.
The competition is open to all Huntingdonshire songwriters. All band entries must have at least one member living in Huntingdonshire to qualify. The judges will be the Almost Famous team.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, email an MP3 of your song to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
* Name of song
- 1 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
* Full names of songwriters
* Name of band or artist performing
* Website address
* Telephone contact details
* Upcoming gig details
* Background information on the performers and writer, including where they live
* Photograph in sharp focus
* We also need your permission to play the song on our website.