Elderly pedestrian dies after car hits him
AN elderly pedestrian who was struck by a car on Brampton Road near Huntingdon train station has died in hospital. Brian Claydon, 75, of Huntingdon, died in Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 27) after he was struck by a si
AN elderly pedestrian who was struck by a car on Brampton Road near Huntingdon train station has died in hospital.
Brian Claydon, 75, of Huntingdon, died in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 27) after he was struck by a silver Honda CRV on Friday December 22.
Mr Claydon suffered serious head injuries in the collision, which happened at about 3pm, and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, before later being transferred to Addenbrooke's.
The driver of the Honda, a 35-year-old woman from the Huntingdon area, was left shocked but not injured following the collision.
The accident caused traffic chaos on Huntingdon's ring road after police cordoned off the junction with Brampton Road.
INFORMATION: Traffic officers are appealing for anyone with any information about this collision to come forward. Contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 456 4.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 7 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 8 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 9 Famous Actor Alan Davies has donated a caravan to Camp Beagle
- 10 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives