Elderly pedestrian dies after car hits him
AN elderly pedestrian who was struck by a car on Brampton Road near Huntingdon train station has died in hospital. Brian Claydon, 75, of Huntingdon, died in Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 27) after he was struck by a si
AN elderly pedestrian who was struck by a car on Brampton Road near Huntingdon train station has died in hospital.
Brian Claydon, 75, of Huntingdon, died in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 27) after he was struck by a silver Honda CRV on Friday December 22.
Mr Claydon suffered serious head injuries in the collision, which happened at about 3pm, and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, before later being transferred to Addenbrooke's.
The driver of the Honda, a 35-year-old woman from the Huntingdon area, was left shocked but not injured following the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The accident caused traffic chaos on Huntingdon's ring road after police cordoned off the junction with Brampton Road.
INFORMATION: Traffic officers are appealing for anyone with any information about this collision to come forward. Contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 456 4.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31