Educate Hunts council on gypsies
HAS there been any effort made by HDC to find suitable accommodation for the travelling community (The Hunts Post, April 15)? All we seem to hear is injunctions being placed on our people who are merely seeking the human right of a place to live and educa
HAS there been any effort made by HDC to find suitable accommodation for the travelling community (The Hunts Post, April 15)? All we seem to hear is injunctions being placed on our people who are merely seeking the human right of a place to live and educate their families without any outside financial help.
There have been three High Court Injunctions served in as many weeks: surely they must realize there is an urgent need to accommodate these families.
Government directives have been issued and grant money made available for this very purpose, and still there have been no positive undertakings made by councils throughout the UK.
This coming June is Romany and Traveller month, and the main topic will be the unwillingness of councils to face up to their obligations. There is talk of demonstrations taking place in the UK and Europe to emphasize the urgency of the situation.
Council planners and development committees must be educated into fresh thinking, with archaic attitudes done away with, to lead us into a new era of integration not retaliation.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Wyton on the Hill