Educate Hunts council on gypsies
HAS there been any effort made by HDC to find suitable accommodation for the travelling community (The Hunts Post, April 15)? All we seem to hear is injunctions being placed on our people who are merely seeking the human right of a place to live and educa
HAS there been any effort made by HDC to find suitable accommodation for the travelling community (The Hunts Post, April 15)? All we seem to hear is injunctions being placed on our people who are merely seeking the human right of a place to live and educate their families without any outside financial help.
There have been three High Court Injunctions served in as many weeks: surely they must realize there is an urgent need to accommodate these families.
Government directives have been issued and grant money made available for this very purpose, and still there have been no positive undertakings made by councils throughout the UK.
This coming June is Romany and Traveller month, and the main topic will be the unwillingness of councils to face up to their obligations. There is talk of demonstrations taking place in the UK and Europe to emphasize the urgency of the situation.
You may also want to watch:
Council planners and development committees must be educated into fresh thinking, with archaic attitudes done away with, to lead us into a new era of integration not retaliation.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
Wyton on the Hill