Eaton Socon man stabbed himself to death
A MAN stabbed himself to death in Eaton Socon, a post-mortem examination has revealed. Police launched an investigation after a 41-year-old man died from stab wounds at a house in Monarch Road on Friday (October 23). Emergency services, including the a
A MAN stabbed himself to death in Eaton Socon, a post-mortem examination has revealed.
Police launched an investigation after a 41-year-old man died from stab wounds at a house in Monarch Road on Friday (October 23).
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called at 11.15am but the man was dead at the scene.
A post-mortem was held on Saturday (October 24) at Papworth Hospital, which pointed to the man having taken his own life.
A police spokesman said: "The conclusion of the post-mortem was that death was the result of self-inflicted injuries and we are not treating the death as suspicious.
"The case has been passed on to the coroner."
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
The name of the man has not yet been released.
Town Cllr Fiona Birks, who lives in Monarch Road, said: "I thought the emergency services responded very quickly to a desperate situation. What happened on Friday was tragic, and my thoughts are with the dead man's family at this difficult time.