Eaton Socon man stabbed himself to death
A MAN stabbed himself to death in Eaton Socon, a post-mortem examination has revealed. Police launched an investigation after a 41-year-old man died from stab wounds at a house in Monarch Road on Friday (October 23). Emergency services, including the a
A MAN stabbed himself to death in Eaton Socon, a post-mortem examination has revealed.
Police launched an investigation after a 41-year-old man died from stab wounds at a house in Monarch Road on Friday (October 23).
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called at 11.15am but the man was dead at the scene.
A post-mortem was held on Saturday (October 24) at Papworth Hospital, which pointed to the man having taken his own life.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: "The conclusion of the post-mortem was that death was the result of self-inflicted injuries and we are not treating the death as suspicious.
"The case has been passed on to the coroner."
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order
The name of the man has not yet been released.
Town Cllr Fiona Birks, who lives in Monarch Road, said: "I thought the emergency services responded very quickly to a desperate situation. What happened on Friday was tragic, and my thoughts are with the dead man's family at this difficult time.