Eaton Socon health centre recognised for revolutionary design
- Credit: Archant
A new-state-of-the-art care and neurological rehabilitation centre has won a prestigious accolade at the Independent Healthcare Apex Awards.
The Marbrook Centre, in Phoenix Park, Eaton Socon is due to open in 2016, but has already been chosen as the best new care facility in the country.
The judges presented the centre the award for its revolutionary dementia friendly design and its range and number of neuro rehabilitation facilities under one roof.
Sue Hahn, general manager and head of care services, said: “As thrilling as winning this award is, it’s our care team that will really bring the service to life.
“At Marbrook, our priority is to ensure that each individual receives the highest standard of care and is able to make life choices independently, despite the challenges they and their families are facing.”
When it opens the centre will employ around 150 people across clinical, administrative and care-based roles.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years