Eaton Socon health centre recognised for revolutionary design
- Credit: Archant
A new-state-of-the-art care and neurological rehabilitation centre has won a prestigious accolade at the Independent Healthcare Apex Awards.
The Marbrook Centre, in Phoenix Park, Eaton Socon is due to open in 2016, but has already been chosen as the best new care facility in the country.
The judges presented the centre the award for its revolutionary dementia friendly design and its range and number of neuro rehabilitation facilities under one roof.
Sue Hahn, general manager and head of care services, said: “As thrilling as winning this award is, it’s our care team that will really bring the service to life.
“At Marbrook, our priority is to ensure that each individual receives the highest standard of care and is able to make life choices independently, despite the challenges they and their families are facing.”
You may also want to watch:
When it opens the centre will employ around 150 people across clinical, administrative and care-based roles.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters