Eaton Socon health centre recognised for revolutionary design
- Credit: Archant
A new-state-of-the-art care and neurological rehabilitation centre has won a prestigious accolade at the Independent Healthcare Apex Awards.
The Marbrook Centre, in Phoenix Park, Eaton Socon is due to open in 2016, but has already been chosen as the best new care facility in the country.
The judges presented the centre the award for its revolutionary dementia friendly design and its range and number of neuro rehabilitation facilities under one roof.
Sue Hahn, general manager and head of care services, said: “As thrilling as winning this award is, it’s our care team that will really bring the service to life.
“At Marbrook, our priority is to ensure that each individual receives the highest standard of care and is able to make life choices independently, despite the challenges they and their families are facing.”
You may also want to watch:
When it opens the centre will employ around 150 people across clinical, administrative and care-based roles.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life