Eaton Socon councillor resigns
TOWN councillor for Eaton Socon, Cllr Fiona Birks has announced her resignation from St Neots Town Council. Cllr Birks, who lives in Monarch Road, Eaton Socon, stepped down on Thursday (March 4) due to family matters. In a statement she said: It has be
TOWN councillor for Eaton Socon, Cllr Fiona Birks has announced her resignation from St Neots Town Council.
Cllr Birks, who lives in Monarch Road, Eaton Socon, stepped down on Thursday (March 4) due to family matters.
In a statement she said: "It has been a privilege to serve as a member for the last three year's and as deputy mayor for one of those years.
"Unfortunately, recent changes to my family situation mean I am no longer able to devote the time that the position requires. I feel that it is important that Eaton Socon be represented as fully as possible and therefore the time is right that I step aside for someone who will carry on that work."
You may also want to watch:
Leader of St Neots Town Council, Cllr Julia Hayward said: "I would like to thank Fiona for all her efforts during her time as a member of the council, particularly in working towards the enhancement of our play areas and her support for voluntary groups in the town through the grand aid programme. I am sorry she is leaving us but wish her all the best for the future."
No decision has yet been made concerning a by-election. The matter will be discussed at the meeting of the full town council on Wednesday (March 10) at the Priory Centre at 7.15pm.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?