DVD to help Parkinson's sufferers
A new DVD is now available in Huntingdonshire to help people newly diagnosed with Parkinson s disease. The free DVD – Being There, launched in Parkinson s Awareness Week – has been road tested by Philip Gibbs, who lives in St Neots and was diagnosed wit
A new DVD is now available in Huntingdonshire to help people newly diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
The free DVD - Being There, launched in Parkinson's Awareness Week - has been "road tested" by Philip Gibbs, who lives in St Neots and was diagnosed with the condition two years ago.
The 67-year-old, who is chairman of the Huntingdonshire Branch of the Parkinson's Society, told The Hunts Post: "If this DVD had been around two years ago, it would have made a big difference to me.
"It is very reassuring, not too technical and it explains that everyone is different.
You may also want to watch:
"It tells you about the possible stages of the disease, what you can expect and also what help there is out there."
The Huntingdonshire Branch of the society will be holding its own Party for Parkinson's on Saturday, which has almost sold out.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
The event, which is held every two years, features an evening of live music as well as the chance to bid for a year's membership of the Impressions Gym, in St Ives.
The 2005 event raised £1,800, and was used to fund a community support worker for two years and run the Huntingdonshire branch.
INFORMATION: For a free copy of the DVD, contact 01480 497245. For party tickets call 01480 465092. To bid for the Impressions Gym membership send sealed bids to: Impressions Subscription Bid, c/o Philip Gibbs, Branch Chairman, Parkinson's Society, 78 Muntjac Close, Eaton Socon PE19 8QJ.