DVD to help Parkinson's sufferers
A new DVD is now available in Huntingdonshire to help people newly diagnosed with Parkinson s disease. The free DVD – Being There, launched in Parkinson s Awareness Week – has been road tested by Philip Gibbs, who lives in St Neots and was diagnosed wit
A new DVD is now available in Huntingdonshire to help people newly diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
The free DVD - Being There, launched in Parkinson's Awareness Week - has been "road tested" by Philip Gibbs, who lives in St Neots and was diagnosed with the condition two years ago.
The 67-year-old, who is chairman of the Huntingdonshire Branch of the Parkinson's Society, told The Hunts Post: "If this DVD had been around two years ago, it would have made a big difference to me.
"It is very reassuring, not too technical and it explains that everyone is different.
You may also want to watch:
"It tells you about the possible stages of the disease, what you can expect and also what help there is out there."
The Huntingdonshire Branch of the society will be holding its own Party for Parkinson's on Saturday, which has almost sold out.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 3 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 4 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
The event, which is held every two years, features an evening of live music as well as the chance to bid for a year's membership of the Impressions Gym, in St Ives.
The 2005 event raised £1,800, and was used to fund a community support worker for two years and run the Huntingdonshire branch.
INFORMATION: For a free copy of the DVD, contact 01480 497245. For party tickets call 01480 465092. To bid for the Impressions Gym membership send sealed bids to: Impressions Subscription Bid, c/o Philip Gibbs, Branch Chairman, Parkinson's Society, 78 Muntjac Close, Eaton Socon PE19 8QJ.