Drivers warned to plan ahead as A14 near Huntingdon to shut at weekend
- Credit: Archant
Anyone using the A14 this weekend and early next week is warned it is due to be closed overnight in each direction.
The eastbound carriageway between junctions 20, Ellington, and 21, Brampton Hut, will be shut between 10pm and 5am, from Saturday (March 7) for two nights.
And westbound, between junctions 24, Godmanchester, and 23, Spittals, will be closed from 10pm and 5am from Monday (March 9) for two nights.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said the A14 needs to be shut so four signs which show messages for drivers can be replaced.
There will be diversions in place. Eastbound traffic will be diverted back along the A14 westbound to junction 13, onto the A605, A1139, A1260, A15 and B1043 southbound to re-join the A1 at Alconbury and A14 at Brampton Hut.
You may also want to watch:
Westbound traffic will be diverted back along the A14 eastbound to junction 32 and via the A428 and A1.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 5 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 8 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon