Drivers warned of A1 and A14 roadworks
MOTORISTS are warned to expect overnight closures of the southbound A1 this week, as well as other work on the A1 and A14 in Huntingdonshire.
A scheme to carry out patching and carriageway repairs on the A1 between Buckden and Biggleswade is set to start on tonight (Monday).
The first phase of the work will take place tonight and tomorrow (Tuesday) between 8pm and 6am, involving closure of the southbound carriageway between the A1/A421 Black Cat roundabout at Wyboston and the A1/A603 Sandy roundabout.
A diversion will be in place from Black Cat via the A421 and A603 Cardington junction, re-joining the A1 at Sandy.
The second phase, on Wednesday to Friday, 8pm to 6am, involves closure of the southbound carriageway between the A1/A603 Sandy roundabout and the A1/B658 Biggleswade North roundabout. Traffic will be diverted via the A421 westbound to exit at the A6 Elstow junction near Bedford, to join the A507 eastbound at Clophill roundabout and back onto the A1(M) at junction 10 (Baldock).
There will be three further phases over overnight closures from Wednesday August 3 until the work is completed by August 13, weather permitting, the Highways Agency said.
Work to improve the A1 Woolley layby near Alconbury also starts today (Monday) over eight days 24 hours a day until completion on Thursday August 4, weather permitting. The layby will be closed during the work.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 4 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 5 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 6 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 7 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
Sliproad resurfacing work on the A14 east of Huntingdon starts on Wednesday for three nights – at Junction 26, Galley Hill, on Wednesday and Thursday on the westbound entry and exit sliproads between 9pm and 6am. The sliproads will be closed overnight, with traffic wishing to join the A14 diverted eastbound via junction 28 (Swavesey) and traffic wishing to leave the A14 diverted via junction 24 (Godmanchester).
Work moves to Junction 27, Fenstanton, on Friday, when the westbound exit sliproad will be closed overnight between 9pm and 6am for resurfacing work. Traffic wishing to leave the A14 at Fenstanton will be diverted to junction 26 to return eastbound.