Drivers face delays of more than an hour after A14 collision near Fenstanton
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing delays on the A14 after a collision between Fenstanton and Swavesey this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the eastbound carriageway between junction 27 and junction 28 at about 3.15pm today (Thursday) to reports of an incident.
One lane is blocked, along with the hard shoulder, and traffic is queuing back to near junction 23 for Huntingdon Racecourse.
According to Highways England drivers could face delays of one and half hours as work is underway to clear the accident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said a man has been treated for minor injuries following the incident and has been taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The incident is expected to clear by 6.15pm.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 6 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020