Drivers experienced delays as A1 was closed near Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy queues on the A1 in Eaton Socon.
A stretch of road between the B1048 Eaton Socon and A428 Great North Road was closed due to a horse that had collapsed in a horse box.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called at 10.39am by a member of the public to reports of a horse which had collapsed in-transit in a horse box.”
The fire brigade and a vet were also in attendance at the scene.
There were queues on southbound to the B1041 Great North Road, the Little Paxton turn off, and northbound to the A421 Great Barford Bypass.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years