Drivers experienced delays as A1 was closed near Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy queues on the A1 in Eaton Socon.
A stretch of road between the B1048 Eaton Socon and A428 Great North Road was closed due to a horse that had collapsed in a horse box.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called at 10.39am by a member of the public to reports of a horse which had collapsed in-transit in a horse box.”
The fire brigade and a vet were also in attendance at the scene.
There were queues on southbound to the B1041 Great North Road, the Little Paxton turn off, and northbound to the A421 Great Barford Bypass.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery