Drivers experienced delays as A1 was closed near Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy queues on the A1 in Eaton Socon.
A stretch of road between the B1048 Eaton Socon and A428 Great North Road was closed due to a horse that had collapsed in a horse box.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called at 10.39am by a member of the public to reports of a horse which had collapsed in-transit in a horse box.”
The fire brigade and a vet were also in attendance at the scene.
There were queues on southbound to the B1041 Great North Road, the Little Paxton turn off, and northbound to the A421 Great Barford Bypass.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced