Driver suffers ‘serious injuries’ in A428 smash
- Credit: Archant
A driver has suffered serious injuries in a collision on the A428 near Eltisley.
Cambridgeshire police were called shortly before 7.30am to reports of a two-car crash near the A428’s junction with the B1040.
The collision involved a blue Peugeot 207 and a black Volkswagen.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called to the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were dispatched and treated a man in his 50s for centralised neck pains.
You may also want to watch:
“He was conscious and breathing but needed cutting free from the vehicle with the assistance of the fire service. After that, he was conveyed to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment.”
The road was blocked for more than two hours, causing delays eastbound to St Neots and westbound to Caxton Gibbet, before finally being re-opened shortly after 9.30am.
- 1 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 2 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 3 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 7 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 8 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader