Driver suffers ‘serious injuries’ in A428 smash
- Credit: Archant
A driver has suffered serious injuries in a collision on the A428 near Eltisley.
Cambridgeshire police were called shortly before 7.30am to reports of a two-car crash near the A428’s junction with the B1040.
The collision involved a blue Peugeot 207 and a black Volkswagen.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called to the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were dispatched and treated a man in his 50s for centralised neck pains.
You may also want to watch:
“He was conscious and breathing but needed cutting free from the vehicle with the assistance of the fire service. After that, he was conveyed to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment.”
The road was blocked for more than two hours, causing delays eastbound to St Neots and westbound to Caxton Gibbet, before finally being re-opened shortly after 9.30am.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20