Driver suffered ‘life-threatening’ injuries in collision in Hail Weston
- Credit: Archant
A motorist suffered life-threatening injuries following a collision in Hail Weston yesterday (Sunday).
The incident, involving a silver Fiat Punto, a blue Renault Clio and a blue Hyundai IX35, took place shortly after 2.30pm on the B645 Kimbolton Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The driver of the Fiat, a 22-year-old man was air-lifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he remains at this time in a critical condition.”
The driver’s passenger, a 19-year-old man, was also taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious head injuries and is currently in a critical but stable condition.
The drivers of the Renault and Hyundai were both uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from the East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, along with the air ambulance, were all in attendance at the scene.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release two male casualties. A number of other casualties were out of the vehicles on the arrival of the fire service.”
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
The road was closed following the incident, but reopened at around 7pm.
Anyone who saw the collision or the vehicles immediately beforehand is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101.