Driver suffered ‘life-threatening’ injuries in collision in Hail Weston
- Credit: Archant
A motorist suffered life-threatening injuries following a collision in Hail Weston yesterday (Sunday).
The incident, involving a silver Fiat Punto, a blue Renault Clio and a blue Hyundai IX35, took place shortly after 2.30pm on the B645 Kimbolton Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The driver of the Fiat, a 22-year-old man was air-lifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he remains at this time in a critical condition.”
The driver’s passenger, a 19-year-old man, was also taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious head injuries and is currently in a critical but stable condition.
The drivers of the Renault and Hyundai were both uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from the East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, along with the air ambulance, were all in attendance at the scene.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release two male casualties. A number of other casualties were out of the vehicles on the arrival of the fire service.”
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
The road was closed following the incident, but reopened at around 7pm.
Anyone who saw the collision or the vehicles immediately beforehand is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101.