Driver suffered ‘life-threatening’ injuries in collision in Hail Weston
- Credit: Archant
A motorist suffered life-threatening injuries following a collision in Hail Weston yesterday (Sunday).
The incident, involving a silver Fiat Punto, a blue Renault Clio and a blue Hyundai IX35, took place shortly after 2.30pm on the B645 Kimbolton Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The driver of the Fiat, a 22-year-old man was air-lifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with life-threatening injuries, where he remains at this time in a critical condition.”
The driver’s passenger, a 19-year-old man, was also taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious head injuries and is currently in a critical but stable condition.
The drivers of the Renault and Hyundai were both uninjured.
Crews from the East of England Ambulance Service and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, along with the air ambulance, were all in attendance at the scene.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release two male casualties. A number of other casualties were out of the vehicles on the arrival of the fire service.”
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 8 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
The road was closed following the incident, but reopened at around 7pm.
Anyone who saw the collision or the vehicles immediately beforehand is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101.