Driver killed five days after cyclist dies on same road
TWO people have died within five days on the same stretch of road in St Ives. Yesterday (Tuesday), a young man was killed on the A1123 Houghton Road, about a quarter of a mile from where a young woman cyclist was killed on Friday. The dead man is believed
TWO people have died within five days on the same stretch of road in St Ives.
Yesterday (Tuesday), a young man was killed on the A1123 Houghton Road, about a quarter of a mile from where a young woman cyclist was killed on Friday.
The dead man is believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s. His car left the road after a double bend and skidded across the road into trees at about 12.30pm.
Police said yesterday that his next of kin had not been informed and his name had not been released as The Hunts Post went to press.
You may also want to watch:
Junctions joining the A1123 were closed, including St Ives Road, Mere Way, Sawtry Way and Home Farm Road, Houghton, and diversions were set up.
On Friday, Melanie Burton, 33, a veterinary nurse from St Ives, died after she was involved in a collision with a lorry in Houghton Road, St Ives.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
Ms Burton was cycling to work in Wyton.
Her partner, Malcolm Plant, had to break the terrible news to Melanie's parents.
Mr Plant said: "It's like half of me has gone. She was a big part of me - she was everything."
Ms Burton's father Chas said she was "a very special girl".