Drive-death case man remanded
A MAN has appeared in court charged with causing the death by careless driving of a 30-year-old friend. Appearing before Huntingdon magistrates, on Monday, David Levene, of River Place, St Ives, pictured above, was committed to Peterborough Crown Court, a
A MAN has appeared in court charged with causing the death by careless driving of a 30-year-old friend.
Appearing before Huntingdon magistrates, on Monday, David Levene, of River Place, St Ives, pictured above, was committed to Peterborough Crown Court, accused of causing death by careless driving while unfit to drive.
An inquest into the death of Steffan Strickson-Head last month heard that Levene had excess alcohol in his blood following a crash on August 3, last year.
Mr Strickson-Head, a friend of Levene's, was a passenger in a vehicle that left the B1090 Sawtry Road near RAF Wyton at about 8.15pm that evening.
You may also want to watch:
The car crashed into a roundabout, turned over and landed in a ditch before catching fire. Mr Strickson-Head died at the scene while Levene was cut free and taken to hospital.
Levene is also charged with taking a vehicle without consent and driving without insurance.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
He was released on unconditional bail to appear at Peterborough Crown Court for a preliminary hearing next Monday.