Double buglary bid fails
TWO attempts were made to burgle properties in the same street in Spaldwick. The incidents happened in Royston Avenue between 10.30-11.30am on Thursday, November 8. At one house a padlock on a rear gate and a door to a property was forced, but intruders f
TWO attempts were made to burgle properties in the same street in Spaldwick.
The incidents happened in Royston Avenue between 10.30-11.30am on Thursday, November 8.
At one house a padlock on a rear gate and a door to a property was forced, but intruders failed to get through a second door.
At the other property, the homeowner returned to discover his back gate open and marks on the rear door where someone had tried to force it open.
Detective Constable Derek Cornhill, who is investigating, said he would like to speak to the driver of a BMW saloon car seen in the area at the time.
He said: "If you live in the area or were there on Thursday morning, you may have seen something important to this investigation and I would also urge anyone who saw the BMW in the area to get in touch."
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
INFORMATION: Contact Dc Cornhill on 0845 4564564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.