Double buglary bid fails
TWO attempts were made to burgle properties in the same street in Spaldwick. The incidents happened in Royston Avenue between 10.30-11.30am on Thursday, November 8. At one house a padlock on a rear gate and a door to a property was forced, but intruders f
TWO attempts were made to burgle properties in the same street in Spaldwick.
The incidents happened in Royston Avenue between 10.30-11.30am on Thursday, November 8.
At one house a padlock on a rear gate and a door to a property was forced, but intruders failed to get through a second door.
At the other property, the homeowner returned to discover his back gate open and marks on the rear door where someone had tried to force it open.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Derek Cornhill, who is investigating, said he would like to speak to the driver of a BMW saloon car seen in the area at the time.
He said: "If you live in the area or were there on Thursday morning, you may have seen something important to this investigation and I would also urge anyone who saw the BMW in the area to get in touch."
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
INFORMATION: Contact Dc Cornhill on 0845 4564564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.