Double-award win for travel firm at national awards
- Credit: Archant
A chain of travel agents is celebrating after scooping a double award win at a prestigious industry awards.
Premier Travel, which has stores in Huntingdon, St Neots and St Ives, walked away with the Promotion of the Year accolade at the Agent of Achievement Awards.
The company was recognised for its 80th birthday campaign which saw it give away 80 prizes in 80 days in all of its branches last summer.
Judges’ also commended the business for its staff volunteering at numerous charities and local organisations including the St Ives Senior Citizens Club and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Paul Waters, Premier Travel director, who collected the Promotion of the Year Award on behalf of the company, said: “Our 80th anniversary last year was a huge landmark for us and we’re so incredibly proud that our efforts to reward customers and give back to our local communities have been recognised with such a prestigious award. It was a real team effort across the whole of Premier.”
You may also want to watch:
There was also a win for St Ives-based travel consultant Beth Collins who was crowned the best young travel agent in the UK after winning the Young Leisure Agent of the Year Award.
Miss Collins said: “I can’t believe I was chosen for the award. I love selling holidays and enjoy every second of my job. It’s such an honour.”
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man carrying knife 'in the street' closes St Ives primary school
- 3 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
The 19-year-old joined the firm as an apprentice in March 2016 and was put forward for the national travel award by colleagues. It follows hot on the heels of winning Cambridge Regional College’s Apprentice of the Year Award in March.
Samantha Cox, manager of Premier Travel in St Ives, added: “Beth has become a familiar and friendly face to our customers in St Ives and is always thinking outside the box to attract and bring in new clients.”
To secure the accolades, the business went up against a number of big national travel chains in both its categories.
The annual Agent Achievement Awards, organised by trade publication Travel Weekly, are the biggest celebration of the travel trade in the UK, with 850 people attending this year’s ceremony in London.