Doos and don’ts
AS a responsible dog owner who always collects and disposes of my dog s excrement, I have no problem with those people who feel a need to chastise dog owners who do not do the same – especially in children s play areas and on public footpaths. I will oft
AS a responsible dog owner who always collects and disposes of my dog's excrement, I have no problem with those people who feel a need to chastise dog owners who do not do the same - especially in children's play areas and on public footpaths.
I will often politely hand such a person a doggy doo bag in which to dispose of the offending doo doo. However, to those people who insist on harassing the responsible dog owners by shouting abuse at them when their bitch is squatting for a wee, please learn the difference in stance.
A dog, male or female, which is having a poo, will have a curled back and if they have a tail it will usually be stuck out horizontally. However, a bitch which is squatting to wee will have its back paws splayed out and the back will be straight.
This may seem obvious but it would seem some people struggle with this as on two separate occasions I have been abused because people have mistakenly accused my weeing bitch of pooping.
You may also want to watch:
If you are not sure what a dog is doing, politely ask the owner. There is no need for foul language and abuse, which is what has prompted this letter.
I also wonder how many people would start yelling abuse at my husband - it seems easier to shout and yell at a not-so-tough-looking woman (although for those two people who chose to cross a hormonal pregnant woman, I am quite aware that I can give just as good back).
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
Just think before opening your mouth.
EMMA STEPHENS, Skeggles Close, Huntingdon