Don't scrap the pancake race on my account
I WOULD like to thank all those people who have sent me get well soon messages by one medium or another after my accident in the Mayor of Huntingdon s pancake race on Tuesday February 24. I would also like to thank the police, St John Ambulance and Hinc
I WOULD like to thank all those people who have sent me "get well soon" messages by one medium or another after my accident in the Mayor of Huntingdon's pancake race on Tuesday February 24.
I would also like to thank the police, St John Ambulance and Hinchingbrooke Hospital for attending to my injuries, not forgetting the kind attention from the Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Saeed Akhtar, and the Mayor and Mayoress of Godmanchester.
I believe I made the point that I hold nobody to blame for my accident, which was due to a pulled hamstring that made me fall.
I noted that there were a great number of people watching the races, which included races for wheelchair users, mums with prams, and many more. The event was certainly enjoyed by many people, which was good for the traders as well as the community. Long may the pancake races be enjoyed in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor JOHN DAVIES
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
Huntingdonshire District Council