Don't scrap the pancake race on my account
I WOULD like to thank all those people who have sent me get well soon messages by one medium or another after my accident in the Mayor of Huntingdon s pancake race on Tuesday February 24. I would also like to thank the police, St John Ambulance and Hinc
I WOULD like to thank all those people who have sent me "get well soon" messages by one medium or another after my accident in the Mayor of Huntingdon's pancake race on Tuesday February 24.
I would also like to thank the police, St John Ambulance and Hinchingbrooke Hospital for attending to my injuries, not forgetting the kind attention from the Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Saeed Akhtar, and the Mayor and Mayoress of Godmanchester.
I believe I made the point that I hold nobody to blame for my accident, which was due to a pulled hamstring that made me fall.
I noted that there were a great number of people watching the races, which included races for wheelchair users, mums with prams, and many more. The event was certainly enjoyed by many people, which was good for the traders as well as the community. Long may the pancake races be enjoyed in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor JOHN DAVIES
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
Huntingdonshire District Council