Don’t brand all kids as yobs
I AM a mum to two boys who spend most of their time up at the skate park in St Ives, and they love it.
I find it very unfair that the kids at the ramps are made out to be rude and badly-behaved. These kids are awesome.
My eldest face-planted a bar-twist and sliced his mouth and lip, which needed 17 stitches. If it had not been for the quick action of Ashley, Jason, Isaac, Jack S and Jack R, Ben could have been worse.
Ashley phoned for an ambulance and then called me. Jason covered Ben with his hoodie to keep him warm – these boys are amazing.
What got me was that Ashley then went off to get some water and washed the ramp down so that the other kids could carry on afterwards. They all take pride in the ramp, and I think people should stop thinking all groups of kids are the same.
You may also want to watch:
I know that, when my boys are up there, they are safe – all of them look out for each other.
I would also like to thank Magpas for the quick response.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life