Don’t brand all kids as yobs
I AM a mum to two boys who spend most of their time up at the skate park in St Ives, and they love it.
I find it very unfair that the kids at the ramps are made out to be rude and badly-behaved. These kids are awesome.
My eldest face-planted a bar-twist and sliced his mouth and lip, which needed 17 stitches. If it had not been for the quick action of Ashley, Jason, Isaac, Jack S and Jack R, Ben could have been worse.
Ashley phoned for an ambulance and then called me. Jason covered Ben with his hoodie to keep him warm – these boys are amazing.
What got me was that Ashley then went off to get some water and washed the ramp down so that the other kids could carry on afterwards. They all take pride in the ramp, and I think people should stop thinking all groups of kids are the same.
You may also want to watch:
I know that, when my boys are up there, they are safe – all of them look out for each other.
I would also like to thank Magpas for the quick response.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon