Don’t brand all kids as yobs
I AM a mum to two boys who spend most of their time up at the skate park in St Ives, and they love it.
I find it very unfair that the kids at the ramps are made out to be rude and badly-behaved. These kids are awesome.
My eldest face-planted a bar-twist and sliced his mouth and lip, which needed 17 stitches. If it had not been for the quick action of Ashley, Jason, Isaac, Jack S and Jack R, Ben could have been worse.
Ashley phoned for an ambulance and then called me. Jason covered Ben with his hoodie to keep him warm – these boys are amazing.
What got me was that Ashley then went off to get some water and washed the ramp down so that the other kids could carry on afterwards. They all take pride in the ramp, and I think people should stop thinking all groups of kids are the same.
I know that, when my boys are up there, they are safe – all of them look out for each other.
I would also like to thank Magpas for the quick response.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic