Don’t brand all kids as yobs
I AM a mum to two boys who spend most of their time up at the skate park in St Ives, and they love it.
I find it very unfair that the kids at the ramps are made out to be rude and badly-behaved. These kids are awesome.
My eldest face-planted a bar-twist and sliced his mouth and lip, which needed 17 stitches. If it had not been for the quick action of Ashley, Jason, Isaac, Jack S and Jack R, Ben could have been worse.
Ashley phoned for an ambulance and then called me. Jason covered Ben with his hoodie to keep him warm – these boys are amazing.
What got me was that Ashley then went off to get some water and washed the ramp down so that the other kids could carry on afterwards. They all take pride in the ramp, and I think people should stop thinking all groups of kids are the same.
You may also want to watch:
I know that, when my boys are up there, they are safe – all of them look out for each other.
I would also like to thank Magpas for the quick response.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine