Don’t brand all kids as yobs
I AM a mum to two boys who spend most of their time up at the skate park in St Ives, and they love it.
I find it very unfair that the kids at the ramps are made out to be rude and badly-behaved. These kids are awesome.
My eldest face-planted a bar-twist and sliced his mouth and lip, which needed 17 stitches. If it had not been for the quick action of Ashley, Jason, Isaac, Jack S and Jack R, Ben could have been worse.
Ashley phoned for an ambulance and then called me. Jason covered Ben with his hoodie to keep him warm – these boys are amazing.
What got me was that Ashley then went off to get some water and washed the ramp down so that the other kids could carry on afterwards. They all take pride in the ramp, and I think people should stop thinking all groups of kids are the same.
I know that, when my boys are up there, they are safe – all of them look out for each other.
I would also like to thank Magpas for the quick response.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 7 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 8 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 9 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars