Doing the lights – fantastic!
WHILE the Dickensian Market planned for St Ives on Sunday as part of the switching on of the Christmas lights had to be cancelled because of high winds, the lights still managed to shine. And the arrival of the Christmas period was also marked at the week
WHILE the Dickensian Market planned for St Ives on Sunday as part of the switching on of the Christmas lights had to be cancelled because of high winds, the lights still managed to shine.
And the arrival of the Christmas period was also marked at the weekend with light switch ons in St Neots, Ramsey and Somersham.
In Ramsey, the festivities included music, fireworks and Santa on his sleigh, as well as singing and dancing from the Spinning Infants and Ashbeach School in Ramsey St Mary's.
There were also fireworks in St Neots, where Father Christmas swapped the sleigh for a double decker bus. The fun also included fire-eaters, stilt walkers and the cast of Jack and The Beanstalk, this year's panto from St Neots Players.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured here is Libby Jones, three, enjoying the funfair at St Neots.
More pictures - Pages 12/13
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
Picture: HUNTS POST