Doctors join forces to bid for contracts
MORE than 30 Huntingdonshire doctors have formed a new company to bid for NHS work. Anglia Health Solutions Limited includes 24 general practitioners, led by Ramsey doctors Patrick Byrne and Simon Brown, and eight consultants from Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
MORE than 30 Huntingdonshire doctors have formed a new company to bid for NHS work.
Anglia Health Solutions Limited includes 24 general practitioners, led by Ramsey doctors Patrick Byrne and Simon Brown, and eight consultants from Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Last week they were joined in the partnership by Michael Lynch, who was chairman of Huntingdonshire Primary Care Trust from its inception in 2001 until July this year, when he resigned shortly before it was amalgamated with three other trusts to form the new Cambridgeshire PCT.
"We already have one small contract with Hinchingbrooke, working with A&E to ensure patients are not admitted unnecessarily. Contracting seems to be the way the NHS is moving," said Mr Lynch, whose role will be in development and marketing.
You may also want to watch:
New work could be in community health services, district nursing and out-of-hours cover, he predicted.
Cambridgeshire PCT, which began work on October 1 and recently completed its team of executive directors, last week appointed a series of non-execs to the trust board.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
They include accountant John Barratt, who lives in Broughton and has had a career in mechanical, engineering and construction firms as commercial/finance director. In his early career he was principal finance officer for Anglian Water.
Liz Sargeant was director of health and social care for the former Cambridge City PCT until spring 2005. Before that, she was director of rehabilitation for Huntingdonshire Primary Care Trust/Hinchingbrooke Hospital before moving to the Department of Health. She now works across the country as a consultant, primarily in health and social care change management and organisational development.