Do you know this police officer?
THIS old photograph of my late father, Bill Mack of Offord, dates back to 1962/3, when Kier Construction was building a new weir at Offord (called the ‘new cut’).
The Keir foreman, unfortunately, fell into the water. My father was a keen amateur scuba diver and was asked if he would go into the water to try to locate the man. Unfortunately, he was unable to find him, as the area was clogged with weeds.
The picture shows my father with a young policeman. I wonder if any of your readers can identify the �policeman.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'