Do you know this police officer?
THIS old photograph of my late father, Bill Mack of Offord, dates back to 1962/3, when Kier Construction was building a new weir at Offord (called the ‘new cut’).
The Keir foreman, unfortunately, fell into the water. My father was a keen amateur scuba diver and was asked if he would go into the water to try to locate the man. Unfortunately, he was unable to find him, as the area was clogged with weeds.
The picture shows my father with a young policeman. I wonder if any of your readers can identify the �policeman.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020