Do you know this police officer?
THIS old photograph of my late father, Bill Mack of Offord, dates back to 1962/3, when Kier Construction was building a new weir at Offord (called the ‘new cut’).
The Keir foreman, unfortunately, fell into the water. My father was a keen amateur scuba diver and was asked if he would go into the water to try to locate the man. Unfortunately, he was unable to find him, as the area was clogged with weeds.
The picture shows my father with a young policeman. I wonder if any of your readers can identify the �policeman.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 4 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 6 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Letters to the Editor
- 10 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men