Ditch crash victims named
TWO passengers who died when the blue BMW they were travelling in ploughed into a water filled ditch have been named. Robert Hunt of Hill Road, Sawtry and James Aylesbury of Mill Road, Stilton, both 22 were recovered from the submerged vehicle on Monday
TWO passengers who died when the blue BMW they were travelling in ploughed into a water filled ditch have been named.
Robert Hunt of Hill Road, Sawtry and James Aylesbury of Mill Road, Stilton, both 22 were recovered from the submerged vehicle on Monday (May 7) by farmers who administered CPR. Both men later died as a result of the crash that took place at the junction of Newlong Drove in Holme Fen at 6.45pm.
The driver of the vehicle, a 14-year-old boy from Peterborough was taken to Peterborough District Hospital with head injuries where he remains in a stable condition.
Pc Pete Bimson, who is investigating the incident said: "Anyone who may have seen this blue BMW driving in the Holme, Sawtry or Yaxley area are asked to contact police. We need to build up a clear picture of what happened. I would like to offer my sincere thanks to the farmers and people who helped with the rescue."
You may also want to watch:
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving in relation to this incident and has been bailed until July 9.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Cambridgeshire road policing unit on 0845 4564564.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online