Ditch crash victims named
TWO passengers who died when the blue BMW they were travelling in ploughed into a water filled ditch have been named. Robert Hunt of Hill Road, Sawtry and James Aylesbury of Mill Road, Stilton, both 22 were recovered from the submerged vehicle on Monday
TWO passengers who died when the blue BMW they were travelling in ploughed into a water filled ditch have been named.
Robert Hunt of Hill Road, Sawtry and James Aylesbury of Mill Road, Stilton, both 22 were recovered from the submerged vehicle on Monday (May 7) by farmers who administered CPR. Both men later died as a result of the crash that took place at the junction of Newlong Drove in Holme Fen at 6.45pm.
The driver of the vehicle, a 14-year-old boy from Peterborough was taken to Peterborough District Hospital with head injuries where he remains in a stable condition.
Pc Pete Bimson, who is investigating the incident said: "Anyone who may have seen this blue BMW driving in the Holme, Sawtry or Yaxley area are asked to contact police. We need to build up a clear picture of what happened. I would like to offer my sincere thanks to the farmers and people who helped with the rescue."
A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving in relation to this incident and has been bailed until July 9.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Cambridgeshire road policing unit on 0845 4564564.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today