Distraction burglary in Godmanchester
A THIEF posed as a water board employee to steal from an elderly man in Godmanchester. The distraction burglary took place at 5.30pm on February 17 at a home in Park Lane. A man gained access to the elderly man s house by pretending to work for the water
A THIEF posed as a water board employee to steal from an elderly man in Godmanchester.
The distraction burglary took place at 5.30pm on February 17 at a home in Park Lane.
A man gained access to the elderly man's house by pretending to work for the water board. The front door was left insecure whilst the victim showed the man to the kitchen. After the suspect left the property the homeowner discovered items had been taken from the lounge.
It is not known if there was a second person involved.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact PC1843 Sue Grannell at the Priority Crime Team at Ramsey Police Station on 0845 4564564.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'