DENTIST SURGERY EXPANSION PLANS GIVEN THE GO-AHEAD
ALMOST 10,000 extra NHS dentist places could become available in St Neots after planners gave the thumbs up to a new £500,000 dentist surgery. Huntingdonshire District Council planners have granted permission for Priory Park Dental Surgery in Almond Road
ALMOST 10,000 extra NHS dentist places could become available in St Neots after planners gave the thumbs up to a new £500,000 dentist surgery.
Huntingdonshire District Council planners have granted permission for Priory Park Dental Surgery in Almond Road to transfer its services to a larger building at 29-31 New Street.
It means the practice will be able to open five surgeries, making it one of the largest NHS dentists in Cambridgeshire.
Gawain King, who co-owns the surgery with Jaco Craig, said the expansion would be good for the town.
He said: "The move is needed as we have outgrown our existing premise and do not have enough space anymore. With the population of St Neots set to increase we have the potential to expand to create a more modern, comfortable and spacious environment for staff and patients and hopefully some new jobs as well," said Mr King.
The expansion will see the surgery's existing customers transferred to the new site.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
The number of NHS places made available will be dependent on whether or not the Primary Care Trust deems there is a need.
Mr King said: "We currently have about 10,000 patients on our books and if the application is granted we would look at almost doubling the number of patients we have. But this would take place over a few years and could create one of the biggest dental surgeries in the town."
It is expected the new surgery could open early next year.
INFORMATION: To view the planning application, visit www.huntsdc.gov.uk and search for planning application number 0801637FUL.