Delays will only risk more tragedies on danger road
SINCE the Huntingdon northern bypass was built there have been incidents at the King s Ripton Road junction. Despite the double white lines, motorists overtake illegally and to expect pedestrians to cross at this junction was gross negligence. Anyone fa
SINCE the Huntingdon northern bypass was built there have been incidents at the King's Ripton Road junction.
Despite the double white lines, motorists overtake illegally and to expect pedestrians to cross at this junction was gross negligence.
Anyone familiar with this road and the high speeds could not have done anything other than object. Now the problem is realised, the answer is another dangerous short cut by preventing vehicles from turning right on to the A141.
Motorists using the King's Ripton Road will be unwilling to join the A141 at Wyton or Warboys. Instead, villages will be expected to take more traffic - drivers who wish to join the A141 at Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
So this will be bad news for Wistow, Upwood, Broughton, Little Raveley and Wennington.
What is needed is both an island to stop the overtaking and a pedestrian bridge. A crash at this junction involving a pedestrian was foreseeable by those whose job it is to prevent such tragedies.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 9 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
There is no excuse for what took place regarding Warren Hay. There is no excuse to continue to plan for more tragedies elsewhere.
KEITH SISMAN, Upwood Parish Councillor and advanced driving instructor, Helens Close, Upwood