Delays on both sides of A14 following accident
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to expect long delays this morning after an accident on the A14 at Junction 28 for Swavesey.
One lane has been blocked following an accident at 8.02am between a lorry and a Vauxhall Astra on the westbound carriageway.
According to Cambridgeshire police the accident resulted in the car landing in a ditch at the side of the road but no one involved is said to be injured.
There are reports of long queues to Junction 31 Girton of the M11.
Heavy traffic is also being experienced on eastbound of the A14 because of people slowing to look at an accident on the opposite carriageway.
Drivers can expect delays between Junction 25 Hemingford Abbots and Junction 27 Cambridge Fenstanton.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named