Delays on A14 to continue as workmen work to repair burst water main
- Credit: Archant
PART of the A14 remains blocked today (Wednesday) as workman carry out emergency work on a burst water main.
One lane of the eastbound carriageway is closed close to Cambridge while work next to the busy commuter road takes place.
Work has been delayed as the water main has burst underneath a concrete culvert, which runs alongside the dual carriageway.
A spokesman for Cambridge Water said: “The emergency repairs on the burst water main are ongoing, however we are doing everything within our power to try and ensure the work is completed by this afternoon.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank motorists for their patience.”
You may also want to watch:
The customers at Hale Farm Close were without water and were expected to be reconnected last night.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020