Delays on A14 to continue as workmen work to repair burst water main
- Credit: Archant
PART of the A14 remains blocked today (Wednesday) as workman carry out emergency work on a burst water main.
One lane of the eastbound carriageway is closed close to Cambridge while work next to the busy commuter road takes place.
Work has been delayed as the water main has burst underneath a concrete culvert, which runs alongside the dual carriageway.
A spokesman for Cambridge Water said: “The emergency repairs on the burst water main are ongoing, however we are doing everything within our power to try and ensure the work is completed by this afternoon.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank motorists for their patience.”
You may also want to watch:
The customers at Hale Farm Close were without water and were expected to be reconnected last night.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots