Delays on A14 to continue as workmen work to repair burst water main
- Credit: Archant
PART of the A14 remains blocked today (Wednesday) as workman carry out emergency work on a burst water main.
One lane of the eastbound carriageway is closed close to Cambridge while work next to the busy commuter road takes place.
Work has been delayed as the water main has burst underneath a concrete culvert, which runs alongside the dual carriageway.
A spokesman for Cambridge Water said: “The emergency repairs on the burst water main are ongoing, however we are doing everything within our power to try and ensure the work is completed by this afternoon.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank motorists for their patience.”
You may also want to watch:
The customers at Hale Farm Close were without water and were expected to be reconnected last night.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible