Delays expected in Huntingdon due to collision
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being urged to take alternative routes this morning as police deal with a collision in Huntingdon.
Officers have warned road users this morning that the A141 Huntingdon Bypass at the roundabout near the Audi garage on Washingley Road, near Tesco Extra is blocked due to a collision.
Congestion in the area is currently reaching as far back as Ermine Street and, with a rippling affect on the Huntingdon ring road.
Police have said that traffic is moving past the scene, however delays are to be expected so have advised drivers to take an alternative route.
A statement released by Cambridgeshire police said: "Huntingdon Bypass is blocked due to an accident between Tescos roundabout and the Audi Garage."
Cambs Travel News have also tweeted saying: "UPDATE:#A141 westbound between Tesco and Audi roundabouts #Huntingdon; Road BLOCKED due to road traffic collision. Queues of over 2 miles reaching beyond #A1123 roundabout. Emergency services on scene. Please avoid if possible and expect delays."
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital