Delays expected in Huntingdon due to collision
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being urged to take alternative routes this morning as police deal with a collision in Huntingdon.
Officers have warned road users this morning that the A141 Huntingdon Bypass at the roundabout near the Audi garage on Washingley Road, near Tesco Extra is blocked due to a collision.
Congestion in the area is currently reaching as far back as Ermine Street and, with a rippling affect on the Huntingdon ring road.
Police have said that traffic is moving past the scene, however delays are to be expected so have advised drivers to take an alternative route.
A statement released by Cambridgeshire police said: "Huntingdon Bypass is blocked due to an accident between Tescos roundabout and the Audi Garage."
You may also want to watch:
Cambs Travel News have also tweeted saying: "UPDATE:#A141 westbound between Tesco and Audi roundabouts #Huntingdon; Road BLOCKED due to road traffic collision. Queues of over 2 miles reaching beyond #A1123 roundabout. Emergency services on scene. Please avoid if possible and expect delays."
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester