Delays expected following St Neots collision
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy delays this afternoon (Monday) following a collision in St Neots.
There were delays on the A428 in both directions between Eaton Socon and Eynebury, with queues of about two miles reaching the A1 and Wintringham.
Drivers were urged to allow extra time for their journeys and to approach the area with caution following a two-vehicle collision, which had left a car "hanging over the bridge" in the area.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: "Police were called at 10.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A428 in St Neots.
"The incident has happened on the bridge over the River Great Ouse. One vehicle which was towing a caravan was hanging over the barrier of the bridge."
Debris was strewn across the carriageway and the road was closed for a short time while recovery crews collected the caravan and cleared debris.
It is not thought anybody was seriously injured.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced