Delays expected following St Neots collision
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy delays this afternoon (Monday) following a collision in St Neots.
There were delays on the A428 in both directions between Eaton Socon and Eynebury, with queues of about two miles reaching the A1 and Wintringham.
Drivers were urged to allow extra time for their journeys and to approach the area with caution following a two-vehicle collision, which had left a car "hanging over the bridge" in the area.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: "Police were called at 10.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A428 in St Neots.
"The incident has happened on the bridge over the River Great Ouse. One vehicle which was towing a caravan was hanging over the barrier of the bridge."
You may also want to watch:
Debris was strewn across the carriageway and the road was closed for a short time while recovery crews collected the caravan and cleared debris.
It is not thought anybody was seriously injured.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Ramsey Rural Museum's new shop display opens