Delays expected following St Neots collision
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy delays this afternoon (Monday) following a collision in St Neots.
There were delays on the A428 in both directions between Eaton Socon and Eynebury, with queues of about two miles reaching the A1 and Wintringham.
Drivers were urged to allow extra time for their journeys and to approach the area with caution following a two-vehicle collision, which had left a car "hanging over the bridge" in the area.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: "Police were called at 10.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A428 in St Neots.
"The incident has happened on the bridge over the River Great Ouse. One vehicle which was towing a caravan was hanging over the barrier of the bridge."
You may also want to watch:
Debris was strewn across the carriageway and the road was closed for a short time while recovery crews collected the caravan and cleared debris.
It is not thought anybody was seriously injured.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years