Delays expected following St Neots collision
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced lengthy delays this afternoon (Monday) following a collision in St Neots.
There were delays on the A428 in both directions between Eaton Socon and Eynebury, with queues of about two miles reaching the A1 and Wintringham.
Drivers were urged to allow extra time for their journeys and to approach the area with caution following a two-vehicle collision, which had left a car "hanging over the bridge" in the area.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: "Police were called at 10.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the A428 in St Neots.
"The incident has happened on the bridge over the River Great Ouse. One vehicle which was towing a caravan was hanging over the barrier of the bridge."
You may also want to watch:
Debris was strewn across the carriageway and the road was closed for a short time while recovery crews collected the caravan and cleared debris.
It is not thought anybody was seriously injured.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced