Death crash woman named
AN ELDERLY woman who died after being hit by a car in Huntingdon has been named as 70-year-old Catherine Evans.The collision involved a blue Toyota Corolla and took place on Sunday, February 3 at 4.45pm on Ermine Street
AN ELDERLY woman who died after being hit by a car in Huntingdon has been named as 70-year-old Catherine Evans.
The collision involved a blue Toyota Corolla and took place on Sunday, February 3 at 4.45pm on Ermine Street close to the junction with Church Road in Great Stukeley.
Mrs Evans, of Park View, Great Stukeley, was treated at the scene by Magpas paramedics and taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she later died.
The 23-year-old male driver of the Toyota, and his 22-year-old female passenger, who are both from Huntingdon, suffered minor injuries. A three-year-old girl who was also travelling in the car escaped uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
PC Tim Kirkby, who is investigating, said: "There were a number of people who were in the area at the time of the incident and witnessed the collision and I would urge those people to contact me as we determine the circumstances surrounding this collision."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Kirkby at the road policing unit on 0845 4564564.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 3 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 4 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed