Death crash woman named
AN ELDERLY woman who died after being hit by a car in Huntingdon has been named as 70-year-old Catherine Evans.The collision involved a blue Toyota Corolla and took place on Sunday, February 3 at 4.45pm on Ermine Street
AN ELDERLY woman who died after being hit by a car in Huntingdon has been named as 70-year-old Catherine Evans.
The collision involved a blue Toyota Corolla and took place on Sunday, February 3 at 4.45pm on Ermine Street close to the junction with Church Road in Great Stukeley.
Mrs Evans, of Park View, Great Stukeley, was treated at the scene by Magpas paramedics and taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she later died.
The 23-year-old male driver of the Toyota, and his 22-year-old female passenger, who are both from Huntingdon, suffered minor injuries. A three-year-old girl who was also travelling in the car escaped uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
PC Tim Kirkby, who is investigating, said: "There were a number of people who were in the area at the time of the incident and witnessed the collision and I would urge those people to contact me as we determine the circumstances surrounding this collision."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Kirkby at the road policing unit on 0845 4564564.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 9 Event to remember village's war hero
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon