Death crash woman named
AN ELDERLY woman who died after being hit by a car in Huntingdon has been named as 70-year-old Catherine Evans.The collision involved a blue Toyota Corolla and took place on Sunday, February 3 at 4.45pm on Ermine Street
AN ELDERLY woman who died after being hit by a car in Huntingdon has been named as 70-year-old Catherine Evans.
The collision involved a blue Toyota Corolla and took place on Sunday, February 3 at 4.45pm on Ermine Street close to the junction with Church Road in Great Stukeley.
Mrs Evans, of Park View, Great Stukeley, was treated at the scene by Magpas paramedics and taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she later died.
The 23-year-old male driver of the Toyota, and his 22-year-old female passenger, who are both from Huntingdon, suffered minor injuries. A three-year-old girl who was also travelling in the car escaped uninjured.
PC Tim Kirkby, who is investigating, said: "There were a number of people who were in the area at the time of the incident and witnessed the collision and I would urge those people to contact me as we determine the circumstances surrounding this collision."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Kirkby at the road policing unit on 0845 4564564.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 4 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon