Dawn’s moonlight marathon
A FORMER breast cancer patient from Alconbury Weston is taking on a night-time marathon to thank the people who nursed her back to health. Dawn Pupins, 53, of Buckworth Road, will join hundreds of other women and a few brave men taking part in the Playte
A FORMER breast cancer patient from Alconbury Weston is taking on a night-time marathon to thank the people who nursed her back to health.
Dawn Pupins, 53, of Buckworth Road, will join hundreds of other women and a few brave men taking part in the Playtex Moonwalk 2007. The event is in aid of breast cancer charities and is being held on Saturday in Hyde Park, London.
It is a power-walking marathon of 26.2 miles where participants wear dedicated bras to raise awareness of breast cancer.
Mrs Pupins, who had breast cancer three years ago, said: "I decided to do the moonwalk because although I have been given the all clear I have had breast cancer and wanted to give something back to the people who cared for me. This is something I feel passionate about."
You may also want to watch:
The mother of one grown up child started walking last January and soon after joined Weight Watchers in a bid to lose weight and get fit.
She added: "I know a lot of people raise money for breast cancer but in this day and age it would be hard to find a family whose lives have not been touched by it."
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
Mrs Pupins is hoping to raise £300 and has already secured £200 in sponsorship. To help raise even more money she is holding a Moon Walk celebration event on Saturday May 26 at Alconbury Weston Sports and Social Club.
INFORMATION: To sponsor Dawn phone 01480 890861 or to find out more about the Playtex Moonwalk visit www.walkthewalk.org