Dawn’s moonlight marathon
A FORMER breast cancer patient from Alconbury Weston is taking on a night-time marathon to thank the people who nursed her back to health. Dawn Pupins, 53, of Buckworth Road, will join hundreds of other women and a few brave men taking part in the Playte
A FORMER breast cancer patient from Alconbury Weston is taking on a night-time marathon to thank the people who nursed her back to health.
Dawn Pupins, 53, of Buckworth Road, will join hundreds of other women and a few brave men taking part in the Playtex Moonwalk 2007. The event is in aid of breast cancer charities and is being held on Saturday in Hyde Park, London.
It is a power-walking marathon of 26.2 miles where participants wear dedicated bras to raise awareness of breast cancer.
Mrs Pupins, who had breast cancer three years ago, said: "I decided to do the moonwalk because although I have been given the all clear I have had breast cancer and wanted to give something back to the people who cared for me. This is something I feel passionate about."
You may also want to watch:
The mother of one grown up child started walking last January and soon after joined Weight Watchers in a bid to lose weight and get fit.
She added: "I know a lot of people raise money for breast cancer but in this day and age it would be hard to find a family whose lives have not been touched by it."
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
Mrs Pupins is hoping to raise £300 and has already secured £200 in sponsorship. To help raise even more money she is holding a Moon Walk celebration event on Saturday May 26 at Alconbury Weston Sports and Social Club.
INFORMATION: To sponsor Dawn phone 01480 890861 or to find out more about the Playtex Moonwalk visit www.walkthewalk.org