Cyclists pay taxes too
IN reply to Barry Knight s letter (Cycle Madness, Hunts Post April 7). If what Mr Knight saw was a cycle race, the riders would have to be members of British Cycling the organising body for racing in this country. Their membership includes third party i
IN reply to Barry Knight's letter (Cycle Madness, Hunts Post April 7).
If what Mr Knight saw was a cycle race, the riders would have to be members of British Cycling the organising body for racing in this country.
Their membership includes third party insurance. Many cyclists arrive for these events in their cars fully taxed and insured.
If what Mr Knight saw was an event organised by The Cyclists Touring Club their members also have third party insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Motor taxes are absorbed into general taxation. Local roads are paid for by the local council from the community charge, so anyone who pays Council Tax pays for the roads whether they drive a motor vehicle or not.
Cyclists have the same right by law to use public roads. If you have a problem Mr Knight, use your mobile phone to complain to the police or better yet be patient.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
Institute of Advanced Motoring Cyclists Touring Club