Cyclists pay taxes too
IN reply to Barry Knight s letter (Cycle Madness, Hunts Post April 7). If what Mr Knight saw was a cycle race, the riders would have to be members of British Cycling the organising body for racing in this country. Their membership includes third party i
IN reply to Barry Knight's letter (Cycle Madness, Hunts Post April 7).
If what Mr Knight saw was a cycle race, the riders would have to be members of British Cycling the organising body for racing in this country.
Their membership includes third party insurance. Many cyclists arrive for these events in their cars fully taxed and insured.
If what Mr Knight saw was an event organised by The Cyclists Touring Club their members also have third party insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Motor taxes are absorbed into general taxation. Local roads are paid for by the local council from the community charge, so anyone who pays Council Tax pays for the roads whether they drive a motor vehicle or not.
Cyclists have the same right by law to use public roads. If you have a problem Mr Knight, use your mobile phone to complain to the police or better yet be patient.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
Institute of Advanced Motoring Cyclists Touring Club