Cyclists pay taxes too
IN reply to Barry Knight s letter (Cycle Madness, Hunts Post April 7). If what Mr Knight saw was a cycle race, the riders would have to be members of British Cycling the organising body for racing in this country. Their membership includes third party i
IN reply to Barry Knight's letter (Cycle Madness, Hunts Post April 7).
If what Mr Knight saw was a cycle race, the riders would have to be members of British Cycling the organising body for racing in this country.
Their membership includes third party insurance. Many cyclists arrive for these events in their cars fully taxed and insured.
If what Mr Knight saw was an event organised by The Cyclists Touring Club their members also have third party insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Motor taxes are absorbed into general taxation. Local roads are paid for by the local council from the community charge, so anyone who pays Council Tax pays for the roads whether they drive a motor vehicle or not.
Cyclists have the same right by law to use public roads. If you have a problem Mr Knight, use your mobile phone to complain to the police or better yet be patient.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 7 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 8 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
Institute of Advanced Motoring Cyclists Touring Club