Cyclist killed in crash with car
A CYCLIST was killed in St Neots on Monday evening after a collision with a car. Karl Clarke, aged 23, of River Road in Eaton Ford, was involved in a crash with a Vauxhall Astra just off the B1046, Potton Road, close to the junction with Drewells Lane wh
A CYCLIST was killed in St Neots on Monday evening after a collision with a car.
Karl Clarke, aged 23, of River Road in Eaton Ford, was involved in a crash with a Vauxhall Astra just off the B1046, Potton Road, close to the junction with Drewells Lane which leads to St Neots Leisure Centre and Abbotsley Golf Club, just after 7pm on Monday.
The driver and the passenger of the car, aged 43 and 23 respectively, both men from the St Neots area, were uninjured in the collision.
Police are appealing for witnesses and want to hear from anyone who saw a cyclist travelling from Abbotsley towards St Neots along the B1046 about 6.15pm.
Pc Chris Breeze said: "I appeal for anyone driving along this stretch of road, particularly near to the Potton Road junction with Drewells Lane to contact me.
"We need to hear from anyone who saw the car and cycle prior to the collision or the collision itself. All information, no matter how minor, could be of value to our investigation."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
INFORMATION : Call Pc Breeze on 0845 4564564.