Cuppas with the crew
HAVE your morning coffee with a firefighter, see a fire engine and book a free home-safety check. Residents are invited to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with firefighters in St Neots and Huntingdon on Friday to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support – j
HAVE your morning coffee with a firefighter, see a fire engine and book a free home-safety check.
Residents are invited to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with firefighters in St Neots and Huntingdon on Friday to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support - just two of the sessions taking places as part of The World's Biggest Coffee Morning. It is hoped that the annual event will raise £7million this year.
Huntingdon and St Neots Fire Stations will be open to the public from 10.30am to 12.30pm and firefighters with be on standby with mugs of coffee and tea and plates of biscuits.
There will also be a chance to look around the fire engines and book a free home fire safety check.
You may also want to watch:
Other coffee mornings:
* Upwood Village Hall from 10.30am to noon.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
* Commemoration Hall, Huntingdon High Street. Coffee will be served from 9am to 1pm with café, tombola raffle and cosmetics.
* The Vicarage Kimbolton, Kimbolton high street opposite St Andrew's Church. 10.30 to noon.
* RAF Wyton 10.30 to noon.
* Warboys, The Resource Centre, Pope's Lane, 9.30am to 11.30am.
* Style of Ramsey, High Street, 10am to 4pm.
* Great Stukeley Village Hall, 10am to noon. Bring and Buy.
INFORMATION: An estimated two million people took part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning last year. For a list of coffee mornings near you or to find out more, visit www.macmillan.org.uk