Cub earns his spurs
YOUNG scout Christopher Radbone has earned the highest scouting award possible for a cub scout – and he is still just nine years old. Usually cubs are at least 10 before they embark on the projects they need to complete the Chief Scout s Silver Award. Ch
YOUNG scout Christopher Radbone has earned the highest scouting award possible for a cub scout - and he is still just nine years old.
Usually cubs are at least 10 before they embark on the projects they need to complete the Chief Scout's Silver Award.
Christopher, from Hilton, is the first cub to gain the award in several years.
A member of the 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group, Christopher had to achieve three badges - outdoor challenge, creative and global - as well as carry out a personal project to achieve the award.
You may also want to watch:
For the outdoor badge he went camping, learned how use a compass and went fishing, for the creative badge he made a model village out of junk, and put together a portfolio of photographs about the things he likes about scouting, and for the global challenge, he recycled everything in his home for two weeks and kept a log of what went where.
Christopher, who plays for St Ives Rugby Club, had a personal challenge to improve his rugby skills over six weeks.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 10 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
The silver award was presented to Christopher by the district commissioner for Cromwell Scouts, Tony Best.
INFORMATION: Across Cambridgeshire there are currently not enough adult volunteers as scout leaders. If you can help call Louise Clover on 01480 831175 or see www.scubes.co.uk