Crosshall Bridge closed for two weeks starting on Monday - check out the road closures here
- Credit: Archant
The Highways Agency has issued updated information on the closure of Crosshall Bridge, in St Neots, including the diversion routes.
The roads authority has stated that it will be carrying out "necessary improvement works" on the B645 Kimbolton Road/Crosshall Road bridge above the A1 from Monday September 9, which is expected to last for two weeks.
"The works will include the replacement of joints, kerbs, road markings, studs and improvements to the road surface," said a spokesman for the agency.
"These road improvements are necessary to maintain the strategic road network along the A1. These safety improvements will add benefits such as a better road surface and an improved journey for road users," the agency said in a letter sent out to homes in the area.
The work is planned to start on Monday, September 9 and will last for approximately two weeks and will include two-way traffic lights as well as a 72-hour closure of the B645 Kimbolton Road/B1048 Crosshall Road at Crosshall Bridge, followed by overnight closures on the A1 northbound entry and southbound exit slips between 8pm and 6am on weekdays only.
You may also want to watch:
The letter goes on: "In order to minimise the impact on local communities and road users, we will only divert traffic onto local roads when absolutely necessary. We have consulted closely with the local authority to agree the most appropriate diversion routes.
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
The B645 Kimbolton Road/B1048 Crosshall Road at Crosshall Bridge from Tuesday, September 10 at 6am till Friday, September 13 at 6am.
The A1 southbound exit slip from Monday, September 13 between 8pm and 6am.
The A1 southbound exit slip from Monday, September 16 to Thursday, September 19 between 8pm and 6am.
Pedestrian and cycle access across Crosshall bridge will be available for the duration of the works,
For more information about the diversion routes, go to www.highwaysengland.co.uk or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0300 123 5000.