Criticised care home is excellent
I WAS very upset to learn that I was unable to go into the Hillings care home for respite care because of the trouble they had a few weeks ago. I have been to the home for respite care for the last five or six years and have found it very satisfactory. Yo
I WAS very upset to learn that I was unable to go into the Hillings care home for respite care because of the trouble they had a few weeks ago.
I have been to the home for respite care for the last five or six years and have found it very satisfactory. You are welcomed with a cup of tea and taken to your room, where your clothes are checked and put away.
The room is very clean, the bed is spotless and comfortable and the staff are kind and helpful. You are strip-washed every morning and topped-and-tailed every evening, and have a lovely bath once a week.
The dayroom where you can sit and watch television and have a chat is very pleasant and clean. It is cleaned every day and the staff are kind and helpful.
You may also want to watch:
The food is good. There is a choice for breakfast and lunch and, if that doesn't tempt you, there is always soup or an egg. You are waited on hand and foot. There is always a drink of orange, lemon or blackcurrant by your side and, of course, a cup of tea.
One's laundry is washed every day. You can have clean clothes on every day. I hope I can go in later this year.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
One very grateful lady.