Criticised care home is excellent
I WAS very upset to learn that I was unable to go into the Hillings care home for respite care because of the trouble they had a few weeks ago. I have been to the home for respite care for the last five or six years and have found it very satisfactory. Yo
I WAS very upset to learn that I was unable to go into the Hillings care home for respite care because of the trouble they had a few weeks ago.
I have been to the home for respite care for the last five or six years and have found it very satisfactory. You are welcomed with a cup of tea and taken to your room, where your clothes are checked and put away.
The room is very clean, the bed is spotless and comfortable and the staff are kind and helpful. You are strip-washed every morning and topped-and-tailed every evening, and have a lovely bath once a week.
The dayroom where you can sit and watch television and have a chat is very pleasant and clean. It is cleaned every day and the staff are kind and helpful.
The food is good. There is a choice for breakfast and lunch and, if that doesn't tempt you, there is always soup or an egg. You are waited on hand and foot. There is always a drink of orange, lemon or blackcurrant by your side and, of course, a cup of tea.
One's laundry is washed every day. You can have clean clothes on every day. I hope I can go in later this year.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 10 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
One very grateful lady.