Creative with light
A Sawtry student has won a national competition for photographers – beating more than 9,000 other entries. Gillian Livermore, who is studying at Huntingdonshire Regional College (HRC), won the Student Commercial Photographer of the Year 2007. Her pictur
A Sawtry student has won a national competition for photographers - beating more than 9,000 other entries.
Gillian Livermore, who is studying at Huntingdonshire Regional College (HRC), won the Student Commercial Photographer of the Year 2007.
Her picture was taken and compiled in different stages and has won her a professional
website and a course with renowned photographer Anna-bel Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Gillian told The Hunts Post: "I wanted to be creative with light. I went into the woods and took an image for the background. I had one person lighting the trees and another running through the woods with a torch. The model's picture was taken in my living room."
Hannah Cobbe, 16, who is a friend of Gillian's daughter, Hollie, posed as the model.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
Gillian, 42, is now in her third year on the foundation degree in professional photography at HRC, and she has already completed a two-year City and Guilds course.
She added: "I had a career working in retail but I wanted to use the time when my children were at school to do something a little more creative."
She entered the fashion section of the competition, run by Professional Photographer magazine, in the commercial photography category.
Gillian's work was chosen out of 9,300 entries and she was one of 15 winners in eight professional and student categories.
"I am very proud that my image was chosen," she said. "I constantly push myself to develop my own distinctive style and creative flair."
The results for the competition will be published in the January edition of the magazine.
INFORMATION: For details about photography courses at HRC, visit www.huntingdon.ac.uk