Country garden is found in a church
FLORAL arrangements that captured the feel of a country garden or resembled a historical event were on display at two charity flower festivals in Huntingdonshire. A feast of colours lined St Mary s Church in Houghton on June 9 and 10 – all created to rep
FLORAL arrangements that captured the feel of a country garden or resembled a historical event were on display at two charity flower festivals in Huntingdonshire.
A feast of colours lined St Mary's Church in Houghton on June 9 and 10 - all created to represent the theme 2007: An Eventful Year.
These included displays which resembled famous people and historical events.
The weekend, which raised more than £3,000, concluded with a festival concert.
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards paying for church repairs and an extension.
Carol Jennings, who helped organise the event, said: "We were really busy and, when I tried to attend the Sunday evening concert, I couldn't get in the church.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
"A big thank you to The Hunts Post for publicising the event and everyone who came along and helped us raise so much money for the church."
On the same weekend, Ramsey hosted its 38th flower festival in Thomas a' Becket Church.
The theme was Through the Garden Gate and participants were asked to create floral displays that would enable visitors to take a trip through stately gardens.
A total of £1,310 was raised for the church restoration fund.