Councillor calls for guided bus clarification
THE Huntingdon stretch of the guided bus scheme should be modified in order to ensure it meets the long term future of the town, according to a district councillor. Huntingdinshire district councillor and deputy leader Mike Simpson said other concerns – s
THE Huntingdon stretch of the guided bus scheme should be modified in order to ensure it meets the long term future of the town, according to a district councillor.
Huntingdinshire district councillor and deputy leader Mike Simpson said other concerns - such as the environmental impact and the on-street provision - to be closely examined over the coming months.
"I have deep misgivings about the proposed on-street arrangements between Huntingdon and St Ives. I could not support any scheme that could damage the local environment in Hartford, Huntingdon and St Ives.
"I will be working towards modifying the proposals during the forthcoming consultation."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Simpson said a meeting would be held in the next week to look at the scheme in the Old Houghton Road area and locations of bus lanes.
Another area which he stressed needed clarification, was whether the buses would call at Oxmoor or go directly between St Ives and Huntingdon.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 4 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 5 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 9 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 10 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
He added: "There is a lot happening in Huntingdon at the moment, with huge improvements in and around the town centre. It would be folly to proceed with a scheme which is unnecessary, expensive and may not be compatible with the long term future of Huntingdon.