Councillor calls for guided bus clarification
THE Huntingdon stretch of the guided bus scheme should be modified in order to ensure it meets the long term future of the town, according to a district councillor. Huntingdinshire district councillor and deputy leader Mike Simpson said other concerns – s
THE Huntingdon stretch of the guided bus scheme should be modified in order to ensure it meets the long term future of the town, according to a district councillor.
Huntingdinshire district councillor and deputy leader Mike Simpson said other concerns - such as the environmental impact and the on-street provision - to be closely examined over the coming months.
"I have deep misgivings about the proposed on-street arrangements between Huntingdon and St Ives. I could not support any scheme that could damage the local environment in Hartford, Huntingdon and St Ives.
"I will be working towards modifying the proposals during the forthcoming consultation."
Cllr Simpson said a meeting would be held in the next week to look at the scheme in the Old Houghton Road area and locations of bus lanes.
Another area which he stressed needed clarification, was whether the buses would call at Oxmoor or go directly between St Ives and Huntingdon.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
He added: "There is a lot happening in Huntingdon at the moment, with huge improvements in and around the town centre. It would be folly to proceed with a scheme which is unnecessary, expensive and may not be compatible with the long term future of Huntingdon.