Council worker ‘not mindless’ over poppies
I DO not condone desecration of any kind, but we had a report (‘Poppies destroyed, The Hunts Post, April 25), quoting a Mr Darren Harbour.
Since this gentleman appears to have enough time on his hands to take pictures and write letters etc throwing brickbats at the council for its efforts, may I suggest he devote his energies to something more practical such as taking a pair of clippers to the scene and clipping the grass around the memorial so that not only would the tractor driver be able to see what he was doing but the public would also get a better view.
The council worker “mindlessly mowed over the poppies” – I think not.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 4 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 5 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 6 Letters to the Editor
- 7 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Public health director Dr Liz Robin to retire