Council worker ‘not mindless’ over poppies
I DO not condone desecration of any kind, but we had a report (‘Poppies destroyed, The Hunts Post, April 25), quoting a Mr Darren Harbour.
Since this gentleman appears to have enough time on his hands to take pictures and write letters etc throwing brickbats at the council for its efforts, may I suggest he devote his energies to something more practical such as taking a pair of clippers to the scene and clipping the grass around the memorial so that not only would the tractor driver be able to see what he was doing but the public would also get a better view.
The council worker “mindlessly mowed over the poppies” – I think not.
- 1 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 6 OBITUARY: village resident Roma aged 101 dies
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives