Council worker ‘not mindless’ over poppies
I DO not condone desecration of any kind, but we had a report (‘Poppies destroyed, The Hunts Post, April 25), quoting a Mr Darren Harbour.
Since this gentleman appears to have enough time on his hands to take pictures and write letters etc throwing brickbats at the council for its efforts, may I suggest he devote his energies to something more practical such as taking a pair of clippers to the scene and clipping the grass around the memorial so that not only would the tractor driver be able to see what he was doing but the public would also get a better view.
The council worker “mindlessly mowed over the poppies” – I think not.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle