Council worker ‘not mindless’ over poppies
I DO not condone desecration of any kind, but we had a report (‘Poppies destroyed, The Hunts Post, April 25), quoting a Mr Darren Harbour.
Since this gentleman appears to have enough time on his hands to take pictures and write letters etc throwing brickbats at the council for its efforts, may I suggest he devote his energies to something more practical such as taking a pair of clippers to the scene and clipping the grass around the memorial so that not only would the tractor driver be able to see what he was doing but the public would also get a better view.
The council worker “mindlessly mowed over the poppies” – I think not.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 9 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone