Council will not extend Riverside car park
THE deputy leader of Huntingdonshire District Council, Councillor Mike Simpson, said there would be no additional car parking on green area at Riverside Park, Huntingdon. I know that a small car park for disabled badge holders is being considered in an ar
THE deputy leader of Huntingdonshire District Council, Councillor Mike Simpson, said there would be no additional car parking on green area at Riverside Park, Huntingdon.
I know that a small car park for disabled badge holders is being considered in an area opposite Hunters Down - the disabled should have easy access to our river. It is fact that Huntingdonshire District Council will not be extending the car park at Riverside.
A green area at Riverside does not mean that this area has to be totally devoted to football pitches. But sport is important and should have excellent facilities within the Huntingdon area.
All green areas have to be diverse to support the needs of all community members such as walkers and fishermen. Plus, these areas should support a mixture of wildlife.
We all need our green leisure areas, as I have said on numerous occasions. While I do wish for a better public transport system (that will not take up our leisure green areas), the guided bus should run only on the existing road system. I shall fight for this.
I have positive policies, unlike some people in local politics.
- 1 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 2 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 3 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 4 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Huntingdonshire architecture practice shortlisted for national awards
- 7 Little Gransden woman in line for prestigious national award
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Huntingdon and Godmanchester celebrate 40-year twinning anniversary in Germany
- 10 St Neots man who put 'fear into the lives' of his victims is jailed
I shall always support the local community, and help make Huntingdon a vibrant area.
Conservative Candidate for Huntingdon East