Council will not extend Riverside car park
THE deputy leader of Huntingdonshire District Council, Councillor Mike Simpson, said there would be no additional car parking on green area at Riverside Park, Huntingdon. I know that a small car park for disabled badge holders is being considered in an ar
THE deputy leader of Huntingdonshire District Council, Councillor Mike Simpson, said there would be no additional car parking on green area at Riverside Park, Huntingdon.
I know that a small car park for disabled badge holders is being considered in an area opposite Hunters Down - the disabled should have easy access to our river. It is fact that Huntingdonshire District Council will not be extending the car park at Riverside.
A green area at Riverside does not mean that this area has to be totally devoted to football pitches. But sport is important and should have excellent facilities within the Huntingdon area.
All green areas have to be diverse to support the needs of all community members such as walkers and fishermen. Plus, these areas should support a mixture of wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
We all need our green leisure areas, as I have said on numerous occasions. While I do wish for a better public transport system (that will not take up our leisure green areas), the guided bus should run only on the existing road system. I shall fight for this.
I have positive policies, unlike some people in local politics.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
I shall always support the local community, and help make Huntingdon a vibrant area.
Conservative Candidate for Huntingdon East