Council Tax game
THE spirit of Dad s Army lives on. Private Pike, in the form of Martin Brown, stands up and says: This is costing too much . Captain Mainwaring, played by Councillor Walters, stamps his foot and cries: Shut up, foolish boy . And your readers echo Corpor
THE spirit of Dad's Army lives on. Private Pike, in the form of Martin Brown, stands up and says: "This is costing too much". Captain Mainwaring, played by Councillor Walters, stamps his foot and cries: "Shut up, foolish boy". And your readers echo Corporal Jones and sigh: "They don't like it up 'em".
Our Council Tax, year on year, is far too high, and Mr Walters is the man responsible for that situation. I suspect that I am not alone, but I reckon that most folk will not put their head over the parapet and say so publicly.
No, Mr Walters, your job is safe, I won't be standing for your council. I can't imagine anyone less suited to a role of civic leadership that this miserable cynic. I haven't got a party machine, running on millions of pounds of borrowed money, to back me and get me elected. And anyway, I simply couldn't survive on the miserable allowances you volunteer councillors can now draw.
Most pensioners think our Council Tax is far too high. I imagine most young families struggling to make ends meet think Council Tax is too high and I expect that people on fixed salaries which haven't increased at the rate our Council Tax has, also think Council Tax is far too high. Councillor Walters is the man who can change things if he will. So why won't he?
You may also want to watch:
MARTIN BROWN, Coniston Close, Huntingdon
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire