Council seeks tenant for farm
THOSE who crave a life working in the countryside may need to look no further than Warboys. Cambridgeshire County Council s Farms Estate is looking for a new tenant who is keen to start a new rural business on the 90-hectare Red Tile Farm, where it is off
THOSE who crave a life working in the countryside may need to look no further than Warboys.
Cambridgeshire County Council's Farms Estate is looking for a new tenant who is keen to start a new rural business on the 90-hectare Red Tile Farm, where it is offering a farm business tenancy for up to 15 years from October 2008.
The arable farm also includes a three-bedroom house and buildings.
County council rural estates manager John MacMillan said: "Red Tile Farm will offer someone the opportunity to expand their existing rural business or to run their own farm or smallholding for the first time - a rare opportunity in today's countryside."
You may also want to watch:
The county farms estate - which is the largest of its type in the country - has nearly 300 tenant farmers working more than 13,500 hectares of land (over 33,000 acres).
Most of the farms are arable, but the estate has a policy to encourage tenants to diversify their business and the estate is home to farm shops, horse liveries and children's nurseries.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book
Care for the environment is also a high priority when selecting new tenants, a council spokesman said.
INFORMATION: Full details of Red Tile Farm are available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/countyfarms or at a cost of £10 from The Rural Estate Manager, Cambridgeshire County Council, Res 1302, Shire Hall, Castle Hill, Cambridge CB3 0AP.
For an informal discussion contact estate management officer Sarah Matthews, on 01223 699095 or e-mail email@example.com. A viewing day will be held on January 9. Closing date for applications is January 18.