Council seeks tenant for farm
THOSE who crave a life working in the countryside may need to look no further than Warboys. Cambridgeshire County Council s Farms Estate is looking for a new tenant who is keen to start a new rural business on the 90-hectare Red Tile Farm, where it is off
THOSE who crave a life working in the countryside may need to look no further than Warboys.
Cambridgeshire County Council's Farms Estate is looking for a new tenant who is keen to start a new rural business on the 90-hectare Red Tile Farm, where it is offering a farm business tenancy for up to 15 years from October 2008.
The arable farm also includes a three-bedroom house and buildings.
County council rural estates manager John MacMillan said: "Red Tile Farm will offer someone the opportunity to expand their existing rural business or to run their own farm or smallholding for the first time - a rare opportunity in today's countryside."
The county farms estate - which is the largest of its type in the country - has nearly 300 tenant farmers working more than 13,500 hectares of land (over 33,000 acres).
Most of the farms are arable, but the estate has a policy to encourage tenants to diversify their business and the estate is home to farm shops, horse liveries and children's nurseries.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
Care for the environment is also a high priority when selecting new tenants, a council spokesman said.
INFORMATION: Full details of Red Tile Farm are available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/countyfarms or at a cost of £10 from The Rural Estate Manager, Cambridgeshire County Council, Res 1302, Shire Hall, Castle Hill, Cambridge CB3 0AP.
For an informal discussion contact estate management officer Sarah Matthews, on 01223 699095 or e-mail email@example.com. A viewing day will be held on January 9. Closing date for applications is January 18.