Council promises continuation of library service
A FULL library service will still be available in Huntingdon during the construction of the new £3.5million town library, the county council has promised. The current library will close at 4pm on Saturday, June 30, and the stock will be transferred to Dry
A FULL library service will still be available in Huntingdon during the construction of the new £3.5million town library, the county council has promised.
The current library will close at 4pm on Saturday, June 30, and the stock will be transferred to Dryden House in St John's Street.
Temporary library facilities will open to the public on Tuesday, July 10, at 9.30am.
In addition to the services at Dryden House, there will be a mobile library which will be available on the Market Square each Wednesday from 10am to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The old library, which dates back to the 1970s, is deemed to be no longer fit for purpose and is due to be demolished in the summer.
The development will also include residential accommodation, as well as the library, records centre, and register office.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book
Councillor David Harty, county cabinet member for service infrastructure, said the council was determined to maintain as normal service as possible.
The work is expected to take 18 months.
INFORMATION: The temporary library at Dryden House will be open from 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday; 9.30am to 7pm on Friday, and 9.30am to 4pm on Saturday. For more information phone 0845 0455225 or e-mail email@example.com