Council moves to reduce residents’ fears over safety
YOUNGSTERS are being urged to show their support for a skate park in Ramsey by making use of a mobile version. Following several consultations with young people, the Ramsey Area Partnership, The Sherrie Durrant Youth Fund, Cambridgeshire County Council a
YOUNGSTERS are being urged to show their support for a skate park in Ramsey by making use of a mobile version.
Following several consultations with young people, the Ramsey Area Partnership, The Sherrie Durrant Youth Fund, Cambridgeshire County Council and Ramsey Town Council are funding a pilot project called Sk8 with a view to providing permanent facilities for young people in the Ramsey area.
Mark Hollis, youth worker for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "For those who want a skate park in Ramsey, here's your chance to prove it will work by attending four sessions of a mobile skate park in the town.
"Even if you don't skate, you can just turn up in support of the project.
You may also want to watch:
"Let's look towards the future and work together to try to make real the dream of having a skate park in Ramsey."
INFORMATION: The mobile skate park will be in the Mews car park in Ramsey from 6-8pm on Monday, October 9, Monday, October 23, Monday, November 6, and Saturday, November 4, from 2-4pm. You must have parental consent if you are under the age of 16. The form can be found at www.chaosyouthcentre.co.uk - no children under the age of 11 are allowed.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Huntingdon care home is offering dementia advice
To find out more, drop into the Ramsey Youth Centre or phone 01487 813159.