Cottage sale is the focus of BBC silent auction’
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month. The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC s Open House programme. The cottage, in Great North
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month.
The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC's Open House programme.
The cottage, in Great North Road, has two double bedrooms, a large kitchen/family room and is on the market for offers around £225,000.
The show, presented by BBC property expert Kristian Digby, will see buyers given an allotted time to look round the property before entering bids in sealed envelopes.
Nikki Schreiber, branch manager of Haart St Neots, said: "To be featured on the BBC is a great opportunity for both our vendor and for Haart.
"It is a novel way of selling a property and we will be very interested to see how successful the auction is."
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
The unusual auction will be held on July 8 and the show will be aired in September.
INFORMATION: For the chance to meet Kristian Digby and to get involved in the Open House programme contact Nikki Schreiber on 01480 217888.