Cottage sale is the focus of BBC silent auction’
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month. The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC s Open House programme. The cottage, in Great North
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month.
The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC's Open House programme.
The cottage, in Great North Road, has two double bedrooms, a large kitchen/family room and is on the market for offers around £225,000.
The show, presented by BBC property expert Kristian Digby, will see buyers given an allotted time to look round the property before entering bids in sealed envelopes.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki Schreiber, branch manager of Haart St Neots, said: "To be featured on the BBC is a great opportunity for both our vendor and for Haart.
"It is a novel way of selling a property and we will be very interested to see how successful the auction is."
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
The unusual auction will be held on July 8 and the show will be aired in September.
INFORMATION: For the chance to meet Kristian Digby and to get involved in the Open House programme contact Nikki Schreiber on 01480 217888.