Cottage sale is the focus of BBC silent auction’
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month. The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC s Open House programme. The cottage, in Great North
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month.
The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC's Open House programme.
The cottage, in Great North Road, has two double bedrooms, a large kitchen/family room and is on the market for offers around £225,000.
The show, presented by BBC property expert Kristian Digby, will see buyers given an allotted time to look round the property before entering bids in sealed envelopes.
Nikki Schreiber, branch manager of Haart St Neots, said: "To be featured on the BBC is a great opportunity for both our vendor and for Haart.
"It is a novel way of selling a property and we will be very interested to see how successful the auction is."
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
The unusual auction will be held on July 8 and the show will be aired in September.
INFORMATION: For the chance to meet Kristian Digby and to get involved in the Open House programme contact Nikki Schreiber on 01480 217888.