Cottage sale is the focus of BBC silent auction’
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month. The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC s Open House programme. The cottage, in Great North
A 1930s cottage in St Neots is to be the focus of a new BBC television programme next month.
The cottage, on the market with Haart St Neots, is to be sold in an American-style silent auction for the BBC's Open House programme.
The cottage, in Great North Road, has two double bedrooms, a large kitchen/family room and is on the market for offers around £225,000.
The show, presented by BBC property expert Kristian Digby, will see buyers given an allotted time to look round the property before entering bids in sealed envelopes.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki Schreiber, branch manager of Haart St Neots, said: "To be featured on the BBC is a great opportunity for both our vendor and for Haart.
"It is a novel way of selling a property and we will be very interested to see how successful the auction is."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 6 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 10 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
The unusual auction will be held on July 8 and the show will be aired in September.
INFORMATION: For the chance to meet Kristian Digby and to get involved in the Open House programme contact Nikki Schreiber on 01480 217888.